Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 6, 2009
Fort Campbell Soldier Shot Dead in Clarksville
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A Fort Campbell soldier was shot to death over the weekend after an argument escalated at the Summit Heights housing complex in Clarksville. Police say 24-year-old Brandon Buettner died from his injuries after he was shot leaving the complex. A tornado warning in the area made airlifting Buettner to Vanderbilt University via helicopter impossible. He was instead taken to Gateway Hospital in an ambulance. The investigation into the shooting is ongoing in conjunction with the Army's Criminal Investigation Division.