Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon July 6, 2009
Fort Campbell Soldier Shot Dead in Clarksville
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A Fort Campbell soldier was shot to death over the weekend after an argument escalated at the Summit Heights housing complex in Clarksville. Police say 24-year-old Brandon Buettner died from his injuries after he was shot leaving the complex. A tornado warning in the area made airlifting Buettner to Vanderbilt University via helicopter impossible. He was instead taken to Gateway Hospital in an ambulance. The investigation into the shooting is ongoing in conjunction with the Army's Criminal Investigation Division.