Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon January 26, 2009
Fort Campbell House Fires
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell has seen a drop in house fires, and post officials are crediting improved education for the results. John Martin, a contract manager for Fort Campbell Family Housing, says the installation housing averages two fires a month but has not seen a fire since October. In 2007, there were 18 house fires on post. The Leaf-Chronicle reports that dropped to 13 fires in 2008. Martin says family housing and the fire department have taken a more aggressive approach to fire prevention and requires all residents to attend a fire safety workshop. Authorities say unattended cooking causes 95 percent of Fort Campbell's residential fires.