Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 30, 2013
Former TN Governor Says Taxes Unfair
Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen says small businesses suffer an unfairly high tax rate because they don't have powerful lobbyists to fight for loopholes.
Bredesen says while the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rates in the world, the country also has some of the lowest collections as a percentage of its gross domestic product. He says that's because big corporations are able to influence tax policy in their favor, while small businesses can't. Bredesen left office in 2011 after two terms as governor.