Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed January 30, 2013
Former TN Governor Says Taxes Unfair
Former Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen says small businesses suffer an unfairly high tax rate because they don't have powerful lobbyists to fight for loopholes.
Bredesen says while the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rates in the world, the country also has some of the lowest collections as a percentage of its gross domestic product. He says that's because big corporations are able to influence tax policy in their favor, while small businesses can't. Bredesen left office in 2011 after two terms as governor.