Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue June 26, 2012
Former Montgomery County Coach Faces Sex Charges
A former Montgomery Central High School football coach and teacher faces sexual battery charges following his arrest yesterday.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office says Marcus James Bragg sexually abused a 16-year-old female student at MCHS. The investigation stemmed from a complaint from the alleged victim’s mother. Bragg is charged with three counts of sexual battery by an authority figure, with a bond set at $75,000. Bragg resigned from the school system in January, telling the Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle he wanted to spend more time with his family, including two young children living in Knoxville. He had planned to return to Knoxville where he served as an assistant coach at Knoxville West prior to taking the job at MCHS.