Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed May 29, 2013
Former Miss America Unhappy With GOP Attack
Former Miss America Heather French Henry has voiced her displeasure with a GOP statement calling her a "bottom-of-the-barrell pick" to run for U.S. Senate against Republican Mitch McConnell.
French Henry said in a blog post last week she'll make a decision on the race soon.
Republican Party of Kentucky spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper made the bottom-of-the-barrell statement about French Henry last week when she announced that she is considering taking on McConnell. French Henry likened the behavior of politicians to children and said they need to get "a real-time out."
Several Democrats have been mulling a run against McConnell, including Secretary of State Allison Lundergan Grimes and former Democratic Party Chairman Bill Garmer. Actress Ashley Judd had considered a run but decided against it earlier this year.