Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed December 11, 2013
Former KY Supreme Court Justice Dies
Funeral services are being held today for former Kentucky Supreme Court Justice Thomas B. Spain, who died Saturday at the age of 85.
Spain served on the state's high court from 1991 to 1995 after more than 17 years as circuit court judge in Hopkins and Caldwell counties.
The Messenger reported Spain died at the Western Kentucky Veterans Center in Hanson near Madisonville.
Spain served as an Army judge advocate in the 1950s and practiced law starting in 1955 in Madisonville. Governor Wendell Ford appointed Spain to the circuit court bench in 1973.