Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed December 11, 2013
Former KY Supreme Court Justice Dies
Funeral services are being held today for former Kentucky Supreme Court Justice Thomas B. Spain, who died Saturday at the age of 85.
Spain served on the state's high court from 1991 to 1995 after more than 17 years as circuit court judge in Hopkins and Caldwell counties.
The Messenger reported Spain died at the Western Kentucky Veterans Center in Hanson near Madisonville.
Spain served as an Army judge advocate in the 1950s and practiced law starting in 1955 in Madisonville. Governor Wendell Ford appointed Spain to the circuit court bench in 1973.