Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon November 12, 2012
Former Kentucky Official Investigated for Pressuring Employees to Donate to Beshear Campaign
A former Kentucky state official is under investigation for allegedly pressuring workers to contribute to Governor Steve Beshear’s re-election campaign. The Courier-Journal reports the FBI and two state agencies are interviewing Department of Juvenile Justice employees about calls made in 2010 by deputy secretary Charles Geveden.
One of the workers says he felt pressured to donate but never did. None of the workers say they felt threatened and Geveden says he did nothing wrong. The Kentucky attorney general’s office and Executive Branch Ethics Commission are involved in the investigation, but they and the FBI declined comment.