Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon November 12, 2012
Former Kentucky Official Investigated for Pressuring Employees to Donate to Beshear Campaign
A former Kentucky state official is under investigation for allegedly pressuring workers to contribute to Governor Steve Beshear’s re-election campaign. The Courier-Journal reports the FBI and two state agencies are interviewing Department of Juvenile Justice employees about calls made in 2010 by deputy secretary Charles Geveden.
One of the workers says he felt pressured to donate but never did. None of the workers say they felt threatened and Geveden says he did nothing wrong. The Kentucky attorney general’s office and Executive Branch Ethics Commission are involved in the investigation, but they and the FBI declined comment.