Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue March 5, 2013
Former Henry County TN Court Clerk Arrested For Allegedly Stealing $30K From Office
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents arrested a former Henry County Tennessee court clerk Tuesday after an audit found $29,000 missing from her office.
A grand jury indicted Deanna Treece, of Springville after the state comptroller’s office found approximately $29,000 had gone missing between 2007 and 2011 from the General Sessions Court where Treece worked.
The investigation revealed Treece used checks sent in to open civil cases to replace money she took from the office. The office computer system showed the open the civil case fees were still owed.
Treece is scheduled to appear in court on March 11.