Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue March 5, 2013
Former Henry County TN Court Clerk Arrested For Allegedly Stealing $30K From Office
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents arrested a former Henry County Tennessee court clerk Tuesday after an audit found $29,000 missing from her office.
A grand jury indicted Deanna Treece, of Springville after the state comptroller’s office found approximately $29,000 had gone missing between 2007 and 2011 from the General Sessions Court where Treece worked.
The investigation revealed Treece used checks sent in to open civil cases to replace money she took from the office. The office computer system showed the open the civil case fees were still owed.
Treece is scheduled to appear in court on March 11.