Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu July 12, 2012
Former College Friend Testifies in Walker MSU Dorm Fire Trial
Jerry Wayne Walker Jr.’s college friend testified in Walker’s trial yesterday in Marshall County. Walker faces charges stemming from the 1998 Murray State University Hester Hall dorm fire that killed student Michael Minger.
The West Kentucky Star reports Matt McBride testified he left school the semester after the fire when he received a letter with no return address saying the fire was set outside his door, and was not supposed to hurt anyone. that incident and others. Former rugby team member Jeremy Baker also testified yesterday. He says while he did made prank calls to the dorm that night; he was not involved in starting the fire. Walker is charged with first-degree arson, second-degree manslaughter, first-degree assault and 14 counts of wanton endangerment. His first trial on other charges associated with the incident ended in a hung jury in 2001.