Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed October 23, 2013
Fmr. Rep. Arnold's Lawyer Files Response To Sexual Harrassment Lawsuit
A lawyer representing former state representative John Arnold of Sturgis said claims he sexually harassed Legislative Research Commission Staffers should be barred by the statute of limitations and the suit against him should be dismissed.
Bowling Green attorney Steven Downey filed a four-page response this week in Franklin County Circuit Court on behalf of Arnold.
The lawsuit stems from two female legislative staffers who contend Arnold inappropriately touched them and made lewd and vulgar comments.
The women’s lawyer said there is no legal problem with the five-year statute of limitations on Arnold’s behavior.