Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed December 12, 2012
Flu Widespread in KY
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has upped Kentucky’s flu level from regional to widespread, the highest tier. That means at least half of all regions in the state have reported a flu outbreak. Purchase District Public Health Director Kent Koster says the best ways to stay well are getting a flu vaccination and keeping your hands clean.
“We are within the last two weeks seeing more of those being reported to the health department,” he says.
Those most vulnerable to the flu include children, pregnant women, people in nursing homes, caretakers and those with chronic illnesses. Koster says the flu vaccine starts taking affect in about two weeks.