Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed April 24, 2013
Flooding Closes Ballard Wildlife Management Area
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources officials say flooding has temporarily closed the Ballard Wildlife Management Area.
Wildlife Regional Coordinator Tony Black says there are "safety concerns" about road travel due to recent rains. Black says staff began checking for visitors today and would close the entrance gates after the property has been vacated.
The more than 8,000-acre wildlife management area is located in western Kentucky's Ballard County along the Ohio River.