Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed April 24, 2013
Flooding Closes Ballard Wildlife Management Area
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources officials say flooding has temporarily closed the Ballard Wildlife Management Area.
Wildlife Regional Coordinator Tony Black says there are "safety concerns" about road travel due to recent rains. Black says staff began checking for visitors today and would close the entrance gates after the property has been vacated.
The more than 8,000-acre wildlife management area is located in western Kentucky's Ballard County along the Ohio River.