Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 24, 2013
Flooding Closes Ballard Wildlife Management Area
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources officials say flooding has temporarily closed the Ballard Wildlife Management Area.
Wildlife Regional Coordinator Tony Black says there are "safety concerns" about road travel due to recent rains. Black says staff began checking for visitors today and would close the entrance gates after the property has been vacated.
The more than 8,000-acre wildlife management area is located in western Kentucky's Ballard County along the Ohio River.