Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue September 10, 2013
Fleenor Signs On As Senate President's Attorney
David Fleenor, who served as general counsel to former Gov. Ernie Fletcher, is back in Frankfort working as an attorney for Senate President Robert Stivers. Fleenor replaces Harland Hatter, who has taken a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the University of Tennessee law school, Fleenor served two years as chief attorney in the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services before moving to the governor's office. Early in his career, Fleenor also served a stint as clerk to U.S. Court of Appeals. He later worked as an intellectual property lawyer in Lexington.