Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue September 10, 2013
Fleenor Signs On As Senate President's Attorney
David Fleenor, who served as general counsel to former Gov. Ernie Fletcher, is back in Frankfort working as an attorney for Senate President Robert Stivers. Fleenor replaces Harland Hatter, who has taken a position in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the University of Tennessee law school, Fleenor served two years as chief attorney in the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services before moving to the governor's office. Early in his career, Fleenor also served a stint as clerk to U.S. Court of Appeals. He later worked as an intellectual property lawyer in Lexington.