Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 7, 2008
Flags At Half-Staff for Ft. Campbell Soldier
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has directed that flags at all state office buildings be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of a Fort Campbell soldier who died in Afghanistan. The Department of Defense reports Chief Warrant Officer Michael Slebodnik died September 11 when the aircraft he was piloting received enemy fire. He will be interred at Arlington National Cemetery on Wednesday.