Five educational institutions in west Kentucky have submitted their application for the Work Ready Skills Initiative’s second round of grant funding.
McCracken County Public Schools, Christian County Public Schools, Madisonville Community College, Henderson Community College and Ohio County Work Ready Committee have applied for funding to go towards the state workforce training effort.
- McCracken County Public Schools is requesting $8,078,708,
- Madisonville Community College is requesting $12,000,000,
- Christian County Public Schools is requesting $5,762,300.
- Henderson Community College/Kyndle Region K-14 Partners are requesting $4,340,127
- Ohio County Work Ready Committee is requesting $900,000.
The grants come from a pool of $34.5 million. The committee has received 41 applicants so far, with requests totaling up to $165 million dollars. The fall round of funding came from a pool of $65 million dollars. Some $8.3 million went to institutions in west Kentucky.