Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 25, 2013
First TN Native Elected Chairman Of National Council
Tennessee Senate Majority Leader Mark Norris has been elected chairman of the national Council of State Governments based in Lexington, Kentucky. He is the first Tennessean elected to the leadership post. Founded in 1933, the Council promotes the exchange of ideas to help state officials shape public policy as states' advocates within the federal system of government. Norris, an attorney, served as chairman of the southern region in 2010 and 2011.