Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 25, 2013
First TN Native Elected Chairman Of National Council
Tennessee Senate Majority Leader Mark Norris has been elected chairman of the national Council of State Governments based in Lexington, Kentucky. He is the first Tennessean elected to the leadership post. Founded in 1933, the Council promotes the exchange of ideas to help state officials shape public policy as states' advocates within the federal system of government. Norris, an attorney, served as chairman of the southern region in 2010 and 2011.