Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon June 25, 2012
Fire in Paducah Kills Two
An early morning fire in Paducah today killed two people. The McCracken County Coroner’s office says Jessica Woods, 24, and her son, Day’von Robinson, 5, died in the fire on Cruse Avenue, that began around 5 a.m. Three other people escaped the blaze.
McCracken County Fire Marshal Greg Cherry ruled the fire an accident. Cherry says the cause was linked to an improperly wired extension cord that was under the bed in Woods’ bedroom.