Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon June 25, 2012
Fire in Paducah Kills Two
An early morning fire in Paducah today killed two people. The McCracken County Coroner’s office says Jessica Woods, 24, and her son, Day’von Robinson, 5, died in the fire on Cruse Avenue, that began around 5 a.m. Three other people escaped the blaze.
McCracken County Fire Marshal Greg Cherry ruled the fire an accident. Cherry says the cause was linked to an improperly wired extension cord that was under the bed in Woods’ bedroom.