Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon June 25, 2012
Fire in Paducah Kills Two
An early morning fire in Paducah today killed two people. The McCracken County Coroner’s office says Jessica Woods, 24, and her son, Day’von Robinson, 5, died in the fire on Cruse Avenue, that began around 5 a.m. Three other people escaped the blaze.
McCracken County Fire Marshal Greg Cherry ruled the fire an accident. Cherry says the cause was linked to an improperly wired extension cord that was under the bed in Woods’ bedroom.