Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon June 25, 2012
Fire in Paducah Kills Two
An early morning fire in Paducah today killed two people. The McCracken County Coroner’s office says Jessica Woods, 24, and her son, Day’von Robinson, 5, died in the fire on Cruse Avenue, that began around 5 a.m. Three other people escaped the blaze.
McCracken County Fire Marshal Greg Cherry ruled the fire an accident. Cherry says the cause was linked to an improperly wired extension cord that was under the bed in Woods’ bedroom.