Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu January 10, 2013
Fire Destroys Paris Landmark
A fire has destroyed a former antique mall near downtown Paris. The blaze broke out shortly after 6 p.m. yesterday on north Market Street.
Within minutes, the former Market 414 Furniture and Antique Mall was engulfed in flames. Several other departments were called in to help fight the fire, including Murray-Calloway County. No injuries were reported and responders took about two hours to bring the fire under control. The cause has not yet been determined.