Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue July 24, 2012
Fines Increase for Disabled Parking Tag Fraud
Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags to $600 next year. The new law also imposes a $1,000 fine on any healthcare provider who knowingly falsifies the certification allowing someone to get a disability plate or parking decal.
In addition, anyone who improperly uses a deceased person's handicap placard will face a minimum $2,500 fine. The laws are part of Governor Pat Quinn's efforts to reduce fraud across the state.