Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 23, 2014
Filing Deadline Is Tuesday For Primary Election
People interested in running for public office have a few more days to file paperwork to be placed on the May 20 primary election ballot in Kentucky.
The secretary of state's office says almost 4,000 candidates have already filed for more than 300 offices on this year's ballot.
The deadline is 4 p.m. Tuesday. Candidates who are required to file with the secretary of state's office are those running for U.S. senator, U.S. representative, state senator, state representative, Supreme Court justice, Court of Appeals judge and circuit and district judge.
Candidates for city and county office file with the county clerk in the county of service.
Filing forms for candidates who must file with the secretary of state are available at http://app.sos.ky.gov/ElectionsDYC/ . A list of candidates who have already filed is available at http://apps.sos.ky.gov/elections/candidatefilings/statewide .