Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu January 23, 2014
Filing Deadline Is Tuesday For Primary Election
People interested in running for public office have a few more days to file paperwork to be placed on the May 20 primary election ballot in Kentucky.
The secretary of state's office says almost 4,000 candidates have already filed for more than 300 offices on this year's ballot.
The deadline is 4 p.m. Tuesday. Candidates who are required to file with the secretary of state's office are those running for U.S. senator, U.S. representative, state senator, state representative, Supreme Court justice, Court of Appeals judge and circuit and district judge.
Candidates for city and county office file with the county clerk in the county of service.
Filing forms for candidates who must file with the secretary of state are available at http://app.sos.ky.gov/ElectionsDYC/ . A list of candidates who have already filed is available at http://apps.sos.ky.gov/elections/candidatefilings/statewide .