Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Wet Vote Wins: Marshall County to Allow Alcohol Sales
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
Mon February 24, 2014
Ferrell Wellman Steps Down as Host of KET's Comment On Kentucky
KET’s longest running public affairs show Comment on Kentucky is looking for a new host following host Ferrell Wellman's recent departure.
The veteran broadcaster and educator announced Friday that’s he’s retiring from the program immediately.
“Over the last few months, I had been considering when would be a good time to leave the moderator’s chair,” Wellman said in a news release. “I’m a firm believer in leaving a position a little too early rather than a little late.”
Wellman said the timing of his decision was influenced by a recent knee injury and the need to be away from the program while he rehabilitates.
The Kentucky Journalism Hall of Fame member first appeared on the show in 1976 and was named host of the program in 2008.
Anchor/managing editor at WKYT in Lexington and host of Kentucky Newsmakers Bill Bryant will fill in as interim host. KET officials have not yet named a permanent replacement.