Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue February 10, 2009
Feds to Reimburse State for National Guard Deployment
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano announced the federal government will reimburse the state for 75 percent of the costs associated with deploying the National Guard after the recent ice storm in Kentucky. During a Paducah visit today Secretary Napolitano said the costs are typically paid for by the state, but the severity of the ice storms has motivated the government to step in. This announcement comes on the heels of President Barack Obama's major disaster declaration, through which Kentucky counties impacted by the snow and ice are eligible for 75 percent reimbursements for storm-related costs.