Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri August 9, 2013
Feds: Former IL State Worker Took $433,000 In Kickbacks
Authorities say a onetime chief of staff to the former head of the Illinois Department of Public Health took $433,000 in kickbacks for steering grant and contract money to certain groups. An indictment released yesterday by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Springfield says Quinshaunta Golden faces one count of bribery and theft involving federal funds.
The accusations largely relate to the time Golden was chief of staff to Eric E. Whitaker in the 2000s. The 44-year-old Homewood woman also faces one count of witness tampering and obstruction of justice for allegedly trying to convince a potential witness to lie to investigators. A message seeking comment left at a residential number for Golden wasn't returned. Golden's the 13th person charged in an investigation of state grant and contract fraud.