Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri August 9, 2013
Feds: Former IL State Worker Took $433,000 In Kickbacks
Authorities say a onetime chief of staff to the former head of the Illinois Department of Public Health took $433,000 in kickbacks for steering grant and contract money to certain groups. An indictment released yesterday by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Springfield says Quinshaunta Golden faces one count of bribery and theft involving federal funds.
The accusations largely relate to the time Golden was chief of staff to Eric E. Whitaker in the 2000s. The 44-year-old Homewood woman also faces one count of witness tampering and obstruction of justice for allegedly trying to convince a potential witness to lie to investigators. A message seeking comment left at a residential number for Golden wasn't returned. Golden's the 13th person charged in an investigation of state grant and contract fraud.