Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Wed December 12, 2012
Federal Computers Donated to Help IL Veterans
Illinois state officials are donating computers from the federal government to help veterans find jobs. The Illinois Department of Central Management Services and state Veterans Affairs says 100 refurbished computers will be given to organizations throughout the state so veterans can get online access to job training and state and federal resources.
The U.S. General Services Administration and National Association of State Agencies for Surplus Property worked to make the desktop computers available.