Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon July 16, 2012
Federal Appeals Court Ruling
A divided federal appeals court last week granted a Kentucky death row inmate a new sentencing hearing in the rape and murder of a 16-year-old Muhlenberg County girl.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals found a state judge should have instructed jurors not to draw any inference from 38-year-old Robert Keith Woodall's decision not to testify on his own behalf. The decision upheld a ruling by U.S. District Judge Thomas Russell in 2009. Woodall pleaded guilty to the 1997 kidnapping of 16-year-old Sarah Hansen in Greenville.