Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon July 16, 2012
Federal Appeals Court Ruling
A divided federal appeals court last week granted a Kentucky death row inmate a new sentencing hearing in the rape and murder of a 16-year-old Muhlenberg County girl.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals found a state judge should have instructed jurors not to draw any inference from 38-year-old Robert Keith Woodall's decision not to testify on his own behalf. The decision upheld a ruling by U.S. District Judge Thomas Russell in 2009. Woodall pleaded guilty to the 1997 kidnapping of 16-year-old Sarah Hansen in Greenville.