Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 16, 2012
Federal Appeals Court Ruling
A divided federal appeals court last week granted a Kentucky death row inmate a new sentencing hearing in the rape and murder of a 16-year-old Muhlenberg County girl.
The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals found a state judge should have instructed jurors not to draw any inference from 38-year-old Robert Keith Woodall's decision not to testify on his own behalf. The decision upheld a ruling by U.S. District Judge Thomas Russell in 2009. Woodall pleaded guilty to the 1997 kidnapping of 16-year-old Sarah Hansen in Greenville.