Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue September 10, 2013
Farmer's Sister To Pay $6K Fine For Ethics Abuses
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission has imposed a $6,000 fine against Rhonda Monroe, former assistant executive director of the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance. That fine and an accompanying public reprimand were part of a settlement agreement with Monroe, the sister of former state Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer. Members of the ethics panel approved the settlement yesterday.
Under the agreement, Monroe admitted helping Farmer get improper reimbursements from a campaign account for personal use. Those violations date back to Farmer's 2007 campaign for re-election as Ag commissioner. The ethics panel also approved a settlement agreement to resolve unspecified ethics charges against Farmer yesterday. The panel hasn't yet released details of that agreement.