Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri September 13, 2013
Farmer Scheduled In Court Today For Plea Deal
Richie Farmer is scheduled to appear in court to finalize a plea deal that could send him to prison for about two years. Farmer, who served two terms as state agriculture commissioner, is expected to enter guilty pleas in federal and state court on government corruption charges today. Farmer was accused of using Department of Agriculture employees to work on his Frankfort home, including building a basketball court in his backyard.
Officials says Farmer also hired friends, including his girlfriend, as special assistants who did little or no work for the agency. And, they accused Farmer of using government employees to do personal errands, including babysitting his children.