Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon March 18, 2013
Farmer Could Be on Ethics Commission Agenda Today
The Executive Branch Ethics Commission has a meeting set for today where they could decide whether former University of Kentucky basketball star Richie Farmer violated any rules when he was state agriculture commissioner.
Farmer is accused of using Department of Agriculture employees to take him hunting and shopping, mow his yard and chauffeur his dog. Those accusations and more were passed along to the Ethics Commission. Farmer served two terms in the elected-position of agriculture commissioner. He ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor in 2011.