Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon March 9, 2009
Faith Based License Plate
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – A Kentucky faith-based organization is urging lawmakers to approve a specialty license plate with the logo "In God We Trust." Reclaim Our Culture Kentuckiana wants the specialty license plate. President Bryan Wickens says money raised through voluntary donations from people requesting the plates would go to help women and children who have been hurt by pornography or the illegal sex industry. A resolution ordering the Kentucky Transporation Cabinet to approve the license plate has cleared the Senate but hasn't come to a vote in the House. Another measure that cleared the House earlier this month would create an alternative "In God We Trust" license plate.