Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 18, 2009
Executive Inn Bolsters Security
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Security is being beefed up at the Julian Carroll Convention Center following two additional break-ins from the adjacent and closed Executive Inn. The Paducah Sun reports changes include steel doors installed between the connected buildings and moving the security officer station from the front of the convention center closer to the hotel.
Convention Center Executive Director Patrick Kerr says the latest break-ins were discovered on Friday and Monday. Downtown Development Director Steve Doolittle says nothing was taken and damage was limited to the doors.
Doolittle and Kerr say they don't know if there was damage or vandalism in the hotel because it's privately owned and isn't their responsibility. Owner Bhupinder Singh stopped providing security in March.