Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 18, 2009
Executive Inn Bolsters Security
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Security is being beefed up at the Julian Carroll Convention Center following two additional break-ins from the adjacent and closed Executive Inn. The Paducah Sun reports changes include steel doors installed between the connected buildings and moving the security officer station from the front of the convention center closer to the hotel.
Convention Center Executive Director Patrick Kerr says the latest break-ins were discovered on Friday and Monday. Downtown Development Director Steve Doolittle says nothing was taken and damage was limited to the doors.
Doolittle and Kerr say they don't know if there was damage or vandalism in the hotel because it's privately owned and isn't their responsibility. Owner Bhupinder Singh stopped providing security in March.