Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed January 23, 2013
Ex-soldier Pleads No Contest in Girlfriend's Death
A former Fort Campbell soldier has pleaded no contest to the 2010 Christmas Day shooting death of his girlfriend.
29-year-old Timothy Andrew Putnam was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years for the death of 34-year-old Samantha Marie Miller. Putnam had been scheduled to go on trial next Monday. He entered the no contest plea to second-degree murder. Putnam had served as a military police officer assigned to the 561st Military Police Company at Fort Campbell. His family previously said he was dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder and had recently returned from deployment. Miller was a U.S. Army veteran and the mother of six children.