Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 23, 2013
Ex-soldier Pleads No Contest in Girlfriend's Death
A former Fort Campbell soldier has pleaded no contest to the 2010 Christmas Day shooting death of his girlfriend.
29-year-old Timothy Andrew Putnam was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years for the death of 34-year-old Samantha Marie Miller. Putnam had been scheduled to go on trial next Monday. He entered the no contest plea to second-degree murder. Putnam had served as a military police officer assigned to the 561st Military Police Company at Fort Campbell. His family previously said he was dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder and had recently returned from deployment. Miller was a U.S. Army veteran and the mother of six children.