Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed December 12, 2012
Ex-Soldier Gets Prison Time for Shooting Wife
A former Fort Campbell soldier convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his wife was sentenced to the maximum six years in prison Tuesday. 35-year-old Jonathan Downing testified during his trial last October that he shot his wife multiple times following an argument at their home in Clarksville in 2009. But Downing said he didn't plan it and had no memory of the shooting.
He initially faced first-degree murder. The jury convicted him of the lesser included charge of voluntary manslaughter.