Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu December 17, 2009
Ex-Fugitive Sentenced in Hospital
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Court officials sentenced Robbie R. Lee to seven years in prison in his hospital room at Western Baptist Hospital yesterday. The 67-year-old ex-fugitive suffered chest pains during his arrest Friday and later underwent heart surgery. McCracken County is expected to foot his medical bills, since he was in their custody at the time. According to the Paducah Sun, the rare, on-site sentencing was held to transfer Lee to state custody, relieving the county from his future medical bills. Judge Jeff Hines sentenced Lee to seven years without parole for a 2001 drug conviction. County officials say they are looking into whether Lee's health insurance will agree to pay his bills, which could exceed $50,000.