Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed July 18, 2012
Ethan Allen Carriage House in Paducah to be Demolished
The Paducah City Commission decided at their meeting last night to allow the owner’s of the Ethan Allen Carriage House to demolish the building.
R and B Realvest LLC received a demolition permit in May, but the Paducah Renaissance Alliance filed an appeal last month saying the structure is historically significant and an important facet of the downtown streetscape. The property owners say the building has significant water damage, and would need a new roof, plumping, and a new heating and air system just to stabilize it. Rather, the building on North 3rd Street will be demolished and replaced with a paid parking lot.