Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 18, 2012
Ethan Allen Carriage House in Paducah to be Demolished
The Paducah City Commission decided at their meeting last night to allow the owner’s of the Ethan Allen Carriage House to demolish the building.
R and B Realvest LLC received a demolition permit in May, but the Paducah Renaissance Alliance filed an appeal last month saying the structure is historically significant and an important facet of the downtown streetscape. The property owners say the building has significant water damage, and would need a new roof, plumping, and a new heating and air system just to stabilize it. Rather, the building on North 3rd Street will be demolished and replaced with a paid parking lot.