Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu January 2, 2014
Essayist Previews First Book at Murray State's MFA Reading Series
Essayist, journalist and translator Riley Hanick is Murray State's Watkins Chair in Creative Writing. Next Wednesday, January 8, he is among featured writers for the MSU/MFA in Creative Writing Reading Series. His work has appeared in The Sonora Review, Seneca Review, No Depression and other publications. Kate Lochte spoke with Hanick for Sounds Good to learn more about his first book.
Essayist, journalist and translator Riley Hanick is Murray State's Watkins Chair in Creative Writing. Next Wednesday, January 8, at 7:30 p.m. in Clara Eagle Gallery, sixth floor, Doyle Fine Arts, Hanick is the third and final the writers featured in the MSU/MFA in Creative Writing Reading Series. On Monday, January 6, at 7:30 p.m. the series opens with west Kentucky native Max Garland, now Poet Laureate of Wisconsin. Tuesday, January 7 at 7:30 p.m. novelist Cristina Garcia reads from her latest work, King of Cuba. All readings are open to the community.