Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu December 27, 2012
Endangered Whooping Cranes Found in KY
Kentucky wildlife officials say they’ve spotted endangered whooping cranes in Henderson and Hopkins counties. The sightings were at the Sloughs Wildlife Management Area and along the Pond River.
The rare bird sightings prompted the Humane Society of the United States to again call for the halt of sandhill crane hunting season. The group fears hunters might mistakenly kill the endangered whooping cranes instead. Fewer than 600 whooping cranes now live in the wild in the United States.