Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue July 24, 2007
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – The Janice Mason Art Museum in Cadiz is showing paintings by a west Kentuckian who started the Capital Gallery in Frankfort that has thrived for nearly three decades now. Ellen Glasgow's landscapes are on display there through Sunday, July 29. The painter hails from Paducah and her husband's family roots are in Murray. They traveled extensively due to military assignments. Kate Lochte asks Glasgow about earning her undergraduate degree in art from Murray State.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with Glasgow. Ellen Glasgow paints landscapes and owns the Capital Gallery in Frankfort.
Her works have been in exhibitions around the United States and they are in private, public and corporate collections. You can see them through Sunday at the Janice Mason Art Museum at 71 Main Street in Cadiz, open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; Sunday 1 to 4 p.m. The museum's website is www.jmam.org.