Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri September 28, 2012
Elizabeth Thomas: on Facebook privacy
Studies have shown that the human brain, for all of its intelligence and reasoning, prefers efficiency. Or, as a psychology professor of mine once said, "The brain likes it easy." That could be why we only tend to scan, at best, things like website privacy policies. And when that involves the world's most ubiquitous social media site, that ignorance can be dangerous. To find out to improve that state of affairs, Todd Hatton spoke with Murray State University journalism professor Elizabeth Thomas. She teaches and blogs on the subject of social media.
Elizabeth Thomas is a professor of journalism at Murray State University. She studies social media issues.