Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue May 7, 2013
EKU Presidential Price Tag Climbs 62%
The price for a president is going up at Eastern Kentucky University. EKU’s new President will earn two-thirds more than its outgoing CEO.
The new president at Eastern Kentucky University will earn 400-thousand dollars a year…a big increase over what Dr. Michael Benson earned at Southern Utah University. His job there as president grossed over 281-thousand dollars a year.
It’s also more than the $250-thousand paid to EKU’s current president, but a hundred thousand dollars less than the annual salary earned by the president at the University of Kentucky.
President Benson will also receive a housing allowance, a car, deferred compensation and bonuses for longevity and performance.
The university also announced its new president will make a $50-thousand donation to a new scholarship fund. EKU is currently reducing its workforce, with early retirements and probable layoffs. Also, the faculty and staff will go another year without a salary increase.