Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed August 15, 2012
EKU President Announces Retirement
During a meeting this morning of faculty and staff at Eastern Kentucky University, President Doug Whitlock announced his retirement. Whitlock, who's spent his higher education career at EKU, says his administration will end at the conclusion of this academic year.
This is Whitlock’s second retirement, leaving EKU in 2003 after a 27 year career in other positions at Eastern. He was recalled and promoted after then-president Joanne Glasser announced her resignation in 2007. Whitlock’s retirement is the latest in a series at Kentucky’s universities. During the last year, the University of Kentucky, the University of Pikeville and Northern Kentucky University have seen changes in top leadership.