Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed August 15, 2012
EKU President Announces Retirement
During a meeting this morning of faculty and staff at Eastern Kentucky University, President Doug Whitlock announced his retirement. Whitlock, who's spent his higher education career at EKU, says his administration will end at the conclusion of this academic year.
This is Whitlock’s second retirement, leaving EKU in 2003 after a 27 year career in other positions at Eastern. He was recalled and promoted after then-president Joanne Glasser announced her resignation in 2007. Whitlock’s retirement is the latest in a series at Kentucky’s universities. During the last year, the University of Kentucky, the University of Pikeville and Northern Kentucky University have seen changes in top leadership.