Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon April 8, 2013
Eggner's Ferry Bridge Undamaged from Loose Barge
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge remains open and undamaged this morning after a barge broke loose from its mooring upstream from the bridge this weekend.
Kentucky State Police closed the bridge that crosses the Kentucky Lake and Tennessee River between Marshall and Trigg counties briefly Saturday afternoon until the runaway barge was recaptured. Boat crews retrieved the barge about a mile upstream from the bridge.
A ship carrying NASA rockets crashed into the 80-year-old Eggner’s Ferry Bridge knocking out a large section January 2012.