Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon April 8, 2013
Eggner's Ferry Bridge Undamaged from Loose Barge
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge remains open and undamaged this morning after a barge broke loose from its mooring upstream from the bridge this weekend.
Kentucky State Police closed the bridge that crosses the Kentucky Lake and Tennessee River between Marshall and Trigg counties briefly Saturday afternoon until the runaway barge was recaptured. Boat crews retrieved the barge about a mile upstream from the bridge.
A ship carrying NASA rockets crashed into the 80-year-old Eggner’s Ferry Bridge knocking out a large section January 2012.