Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 8, 2013
Eggner's Ferry Bridge Undamaged from Loose Barge
Eggner’s Ferry Bridge remains open and undamaged this morning after a barge broke loose from its mooring upstream from the bridge this weekend.
Kentucky State Police closed the bridge that crosses the Kentucky Lake and Tennessee River between Marshall and Trigg counties briefly Saturday afternoon until the runaway barge was recaptured. Boat crews retrieved the barge about a mile upstream from the bridge.
A ship carrying NASA rockets crashed into the 80-year-old Eggner’s Ferry Bridge knocking out a large section January 2012.