Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon March 11, 2013
Edelen Wants To See Woman Candidate In 2014 Senate Bid
State Auditor Adam Edelen is looking for a 2014 democratic victory over Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. Edelen was the keynote speaker at banquet sponsored by the Murray State College Democrats Saturday evening. He says although he would prefer to see Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes run over Actress Ashley Judd, he will support whoever the party chooses. But he doesn’t think that person should be a man.
“I think we have a real issue in Kentucky with a lack of women in elective office,” Edelen said. “o I think the opportunity to make a clear distinction with Mitch McConnell, who has been there for way too long, I don’t think reflects the diversity we need in the U-S senate. I think a female candidate who has the great qualifications and a vision for the future is most likely the best opponents the democrats could have for senator McConnell.”
Neither Judd or Lundergan-Grimes have declared a candidacy for the senate. Although it has been speculated Judd will make her senate bid announcement Derby week.