Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Fri December 20, 2013
Edelen Pushes For Tougher Cybersecurity
Kentucky's auditor has released a report outlining the threats of cybersecurity breaches to state and local governments.
In his report, Auditor Adam Edelen emphasizes the need for a breach notification law. He says Kentucky is one of four states that don't require government agencies to notify people if their sensitive data has been compromised.
State and local governments collect and store massive amounts of private and sensitive data.
Edelen says he plans to work with state lawmakers in hopes of getting a breach notification bill passed next year.
The auditor's office has a role in monitoring the ability of state and local governments to protect sensitive information.