Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 5, 2008
Ed Whitfield's eighth term
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – Though other congressional districts leaned left last night, Kentucky's First District remained red as voters re-elected US Representative Ed Whitfield. Carrie Pond has more.
Congressman Ed Whitfield won every county and around 65 percent of votes last night, easily beating Democratic Challenger Heather Ryan. Whitfield says his big win stems from his commonalities with voters.
Whitfield has served Kentucky's first District since 1994. This will be his eighth term.