Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 5, 2008
Ed Whitfield's eighth term
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – Though other congressional districts leaned left last night, Kentucky's First District remained red as voters re-elected US Representative Ed Whitfield. Carrie Pond has more.
Congressman Ed Whitfield won every county and around 65 percent of votes last night, easily beating Democratic Challenger Heather Ryan. Whitfield says his big win stems from his commonalities with voters.
Whitfield has served Kentucky's first District since 1994. This will be his eighth term.