Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sun January 4, 2009
Earned Income Tax Credit
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has begun a campaign to urge low- and middle-income Kentuckians to apply for a federal earned income tax credit. Beshear announced this morning a list of nearly 200 free tax preparation sites where volunteers will help Kentuckians fill out their income tax forms. The Beshear administration lists the information on the state Web site, assistance-(dot)-ky-(dot)-gov. Workers who earn up to forty-one thousand dollars may be eligible for credits as high as forty-eight hundred dollars.