Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Sun January 4, 2009
Earned Income Tax Credit
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has begun a campaign to urge low- and middle-income Kentuckians to apply for a federal earned income tax credit. Beshear announced this morning a list of nearly 200 free tax preparation sites where volunteers will help Kentuckians fill out their income tax forms. The Beshear administration lists the information on the state Web site, assistance-(dot)-ky-(dot)-gov. Workers who earn up to forty-one thousand dollars may be eligible for credits as high as forty-eight hundred dollars.