Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon March 19, 2012
Early Morning Fire Proves Fatal
A Mayfield house fire early yesterday morning has left two people dead and one hospitalized. Police say there wasn't a working fire alarm in the home when the blaze began. 19-year-old Allison Burnett and 22 year-old Deven Trull died in the fire. Another man at the home was pulled out by neighbors and taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. His name has not yet been released and his condition is not known.