Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Tue December 4, 2012
Dunn is Finalist for Florida Education Commissioner Position
Murray State University President Dr. Randy Dunn is one of three finalists for the Florida Education Commissioner position. Department of Education spokesperson Kassandra Elekes says Dunn submitted his application last Friday and interviews for the position on December 11th.
When asked about his decision to apply, Dunn said,
"I have shared publicly that until such time the Murray State Board offers a reasonable contract extension, I would need to look carefully at select, exceptional career opportunities when they arise. This is one of those. There’s been no contract action at MSU to date, or suggestion of any to take place soon, so I think I owe it to my own career path to keep all options open."
The Education Commissioner is in charge of primary and secondary education, as well as universities and community colleges in the state. The new commissioner will be chosen on the 12th.