Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue April 16, 2013
Dunn to Attend Open Forum
Murray State University President Randy Dunn will attend an open forum today Tuesday.
The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress are hosting the special meeting from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Curris Center Theater where Dunn will answer questions.
Both groups have expressed concerns about the Board of Regents’ decision not to renew Dunn’s contract. The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress also issued resolutions supporting the President. The board voted 7 to 4 on March 15 against renewing Dunn’s contract after six regents met at a social gathering the night before where Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says members discussed university business.
A Lexington attorney Jim Deckard says that gathering was an illegal meeting and he is filing a complaint with Kentucky’s Attorney General. He's currently awaiting response from the Attorney General.