Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue April 16, 2013
Dunn to Attend Open Forum
Murray State University President Randy Dunn will attend an open forum today Tuesday.
The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress are hosting the special meeting from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Curris Center Theater where Dunn will answer questions.
Both groups have expressed concerns about the Board of Regents’ decision not to renew Dunn’s contract. The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress also issued resolutions supporting the President. The board voted 7 to 4 on March 15 against renewing Dunn’s contract after six regents met at a social gathering the night before where Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says members discussed university business.
A Lexington attorney Jim Deckard says that gathering was an illegal meeting and he is filing a complaint with Kentucky’s Attorney General. He's currently awaiting response from the Attorney General.