Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue April 16, 2013
Dunn to Attend Open Forum
Murray State University President Randy Dunn will attend an open forum today Tuesday.
The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress are hosting the special meeting from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Curris Center Theater where Dunn will answer questions.
Both groups have expressed concerns about the Board of Regents’ decision not to renew Dunn’s contract. The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress also issued resolutions supporting the President. The board voted 7 to 4 on March 15 against renewing Dunn’s contract after six regents met at a social gathering the night before where Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says members discussed university business.
A Lexington attorney Jim Deckard says that gathering was an illegal meeting and he is filing a complaint with Kentucky’s Attorney General. He's currently awaiting response from the Attorney General.