Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue April 16, 2013
Dunn to Attend Open Forum
Murray State University President Randy Dunn will attend an open forum today Tuesday.
The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress are hosting the special meeting from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Curris Center Theater where Dunn will answer questions.
Both groups have expressed concerns about the Board of Regents’ decision not to renew Dunn’s contract. The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress also issued resolutions supporting the President. The board voted 7 to 4 on March 15 against renewing Dunn’s contract after six regents met at a social gathering the night before where Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says members discussed university business.
A Lexington attorney Jim Deckard says that gathering was an illegal meeting and he is filing a complaint with Kentucky’s Attorney General. He's currently awaiting response from the Attorney General.