Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue April 16, 2013
Dunn to Attend Open Forum
Murray State University President Randy Dunn will attend an open forum today Tuesday.
The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress are hosting the special meeting from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Curris Center Theater where Dunn will answer questions.
Both groups have expressed concerns about the Board of Regents’ decision not to renew Dunn’s contract. The Faculty Senate and Staff Congress also issued resolutions supporting the President. The board voted 7 to 4 on March 15 against renewing Dunn’s contract after six regents met at a social gathering the night before where Board of Regents Chairman Constantine Curris says members discussed university business.
A Lexington attorney Jim Deckard says that gathering was an illegal meeting and he is filing a complaint with Kentucky’s Attorney General. He's currently awaiting response from the Attorney General.