Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue February 9, 2010
Dunlap Pleads Guilty for Triple-Murder
By Angela Hatton
Smithland, KY – A man accused of a 2008 Trigg County triple-murder has pled guilty. Kevin Wayne Dunlap's trial was supposed to begin tomorrow in Livingston County Circuit Court. However, during a pretrial hearing this morning, Dunlap entered a plea of guilty, but mentally ill. The Kentucky New Era reports Judge C. A. Woodall denied the plea. Woodall may accept a non-conditional guilty plea, which Dunlap's attorney also entered. Dunlap allegedly murdered three Trigg County children and raped their mother before burning down the family's house.