Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 5, 2010
Driver Faces Murder, DUI Charges in Fatal Wreck
Christian County, KY – A driver has been charged with murder and DUI after a hit and run accident on Interstate 24 near the Tennessee state line that left a woman dead. According to the Kentucky State Police, four women were trapped in their car after it was struck by a pickup truck on Friday night and rolled over.
The women were taken by ambulance to Gateway Medical Center in Clarksville, Tennessee. Two were released, one was admitted and is in noncritical condition, but the fourth person died of her injuries.
About 30 minutes after the wreck, Hopkinsville Police Department located a pickup with substantial front end damage. The driver, Edelbert Eastway, was jailed at the Christian County Detention Center with a bond set at $126,000.